ProGrade Digital today officially announced the new 160GB CFexpress Type A Cobalt Memory Card. The US price is $329.99. The new ProGrade Digital 160GB CFexpress Type A cobalt memory card is now in stock at B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
- 160GB Storage Capacity
- NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 Bus
- Max Read Speed: 800 MB/s
- Max Write Speed: 700 MB/s
- Min Write Speed: 400 MB/s
- Records Raw 4K Video
- Records 8K, 6K, and 4K ProRes Video
- Metal Enclosure for Temperature Control
- Built-In Thermal Throttling
- Shock / Vibration / X-Ray Proof
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R3
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R5
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R6
PROGRADE DIGITAL™ ANNOUNCES CFEXPRESS™ TYPE A MEMORY CARD WITH READ SPEEDS OF 800MB/S
CFexpress Type A Cards Provide Minimum Sustained Write Speeds of 400MB/s (VPG 400)
San Jose, CA September 20, 2021, 8:00 am—ProGrade Digital™, founded with a mission to provide the highest quality professional grade digital memory cards and workflow solutions, announces its new CFexpress™ Type A memory card. ProGrade Digital CFexpress Type A cards provide read speeds up to 800MB/s and burst write speeds up to 700MB/s. In addition, ProGrade Digital’s CFexpress Type A card delivers a minimum sustained write speed of 400MB/s (VPG 400) – specifically designed for high-resolution video capture.
CFexpress Type A is a memory card format that is smaller than full-size SD, and bigger than microSD. By leveraging PCIe, Gen 3 interconnect with NVMe 1.3 host controller interface, CFexpress Type A provides levels of performance three times greater than the fastest UHS-II cards available in the market.
The CFexpress Type A form factor is gaining broad industry adoption due to its size and performance, and its open industry standard support from major device manufacturers.
“Due to the size and performance of CFexpress Type A, we believe that next generation compact DSLR and mirrorless cameras will start adopting this form factor over SD as we have already seen in some of the new cameras” said Wes Brewer, founder and CEO of ProGrade Digital. “We are now able to offer the widest range of CFexpress card choices to meet both current and future needs of all leading-edge imaging applications. Coupled with our CFexpress Type A USB 3.2 Gen 2 high speed reader, our customers have a complete solution for capturing and downloading still and video images as well as enhancing their digital imaging workflow.”
ProGrade Digital CFexpress Type A memory card key features:
- Fully compliant with CompactFlash™ Association 2.0 specification
- NVMe host interface with PCIe Gen3 X1 interconnect
- Extended battery life and low standby power through NVMe PS0 – PS4 support
- Metal enclosure for improved durability and heat dissipation
- Thermal throttling protects card from overheating
- Unique serialized tracking of every card enabling identification of key components and manufacturing data for the highest quality control
- Rigorous 100% full card testing down to individual memory chips for optimal quality
- X-ray proof, shock-proof
- Temperature ranges: operating 14 to 158°F/ -10 to 70°C; storage -4 to 185°F/ -20 to 85°C
- Three year warranty
- MSRP $329.99