How to Downgrade the Firmware on a Canon Camera
Here is the guide for you on how to downgrade the firmware on a Canon camera.
In this video KH Cams will take through step to downgrade or rollback your firmware for the Canon camera. He is using the Canon EOS R6 in this example (also work with the Canon EOS R5) and it can work with any canon camera.
Canon firmware downgrade instructions:
- Put firmware v1.5.0 on one SD card and v1.4.0 on another.
- Insert the SD card with 1.5.0 into the camera
- Go to the firmware update in the menu
- Press okay on the update, and as quickly as possible open the battery door on the camera or battery grip
- Insert the SD (Or CFExpress) card with firmware 1.4.0
- Close the battery door to turn the camera back on
- The camera will automatically start ‘updating’ from 1.5.0 to 1.4.0″
Canon EOS R5 body: $3,899 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Canon EOS R6 body: $2,499 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R5
- Best Canon EOS R5 Accessories
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R6
- Best Canon EOS R6 Accessories
Via: KH Cams, CanonRumors