Canon EOS R6 Detailed Specifications
Here are the detailed specifications of the Canon EOS R6 mirrorless camera, which will be officially announced along with Canon EOS R5 on July 9th at 8AM EST.
Canon EOS R6 Specifications:
- Canon RF lens group (excluding EF, EF-S and EF-M lenses)
- When using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R: Canon EF or EF-S lenses (excluding EF-M lenses) Lens Mount
- DIGIC X
Sensor & Image Type
- CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF) Effective Pixels
- Approx. 20.1 megapixels Screen Size
- Approx. 36.0 x 24.0 mm Pixel Unit
- Approx. 6.56 micro m square Total Pixels
- Approx. 21.4 megapixels Aspect Ratio
- 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical) Color Filter System
- RGB primary color filters Low Pass Filter. Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable Recording Format
- Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.31 Image Format
- JPEG, HEIF, RAW / C-RAW (CR3), C-RAW (Canon original) ; Movies: ALL-I (Time-lapse video only), IPB, MP4
- OLED color electronic viewfinder Coverage
- Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally relative to the shooting image area (with image quality L, at approx. 23mm eyepoint).
Magnification / Angle of View
- Approx. 0.76x / Approx. 35.2 degrees (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m) Eye Point
- Approx. 23mm (at -1 m from the eyepiece lens end) Dioptric Adjustment Range
- Approx. -4.0 to + 2.0 m (dpt) Focus Method
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Shutter Type
- Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter:
- Electronic first curtain Mechanical shutter Electronic shutter
- When [Mechanical] or [Elec. 1st- curtain] is set: 1/8000-30 sec, bulb When [Electronic] is set: 1/8000-0.5 sec.
- Mechanical Shutter: 1/200 sec. Elec. 1st-curtain: 1/250 sec.
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release Self Timer
- 10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay Monitor Type
- TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor Monitor Size
- 3.0-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
- 2.95 in./7.5cm diagonal (2.44 in./6.2cm width, 1.65 in./4.2cm height)
- Approx. 1.62 million dots
- Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally Brightness Control
- Manually adjustable to one of seven brightness levels Touch-screen Operation
- Supported for AF Point selection; Touch AF; Touch Shutter; Menu selection; Quick Control Menu; Magnified view
- Clear View LCD II
- Anti-smudge coating applied.
- Anti-reflection coating not applied.
- 29 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Japanese)
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n Transmission Method
- DS-SS modulation (IEEE 802.11b) OFDM modulation (IEEE 802.11g/n)
Transition Frequency (Central Frequency)
- 2.4 GHz band (5 GHz Wi-Fi not supported) Frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz
- Channels: 1 to 11 channels Recording Media
- Two SD card slots:
- Compatible with UHS-II
- Eye-Fi cards and Multimedia cards (MMC) are not supported.
Working Temperature Range
- 32 to 104 Degree F (0 to +40 Degree C) Working Humidity Range
Size & Weight
- 85% or less Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 138 x 97.5 x 88.4mm
- Approx. 680g (including battery, SD memory card; without body cap) Approx. 598g (body only; without battery, card or body cap)
See the Canon EOS R5 & EOS R6 Virtual Live Stream Event on July 9th.
Stay tuned with us for more Canon Rumors.
Canon EOS R body: $1,799 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Canon EOS R on Facebook: Canon EOS R Page, Canon EOS R Group
Read more: Best Lenses for Canon EOS R and Best Lenses for Canon EOS RP.