Canon EOS R5 Detailed Specifications
Canon EOS R5 Specifications
- Canon RF lens group (excluding EF, EF-S and EF-M lenses)
- When using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R: Canon EF or EF-S lenses (excluding EF-M lenses) Lens Mount
- DIGIC X
Sensor & Image Information
- CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF) Effective Pixels
- Approx. 45.0 megapixels Sensor Size
- Approx. 36.0 x 24.0mm Pixel Size
- Approx. 4.40 micro m square Total Pixels
- Approx. 47.1 megapixels Aspect Ratio
- 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical) Color Filter System
- RGB primary color filters Low Pass Filter Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable.
- Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.3 Image Format
- JPEG, HEIF, RAW (CR3, 14-bit RAW format), C-RAW (Canon original); Movies: ALL-I, IPB, RAW Image Processor
- OLED color electronic viewfinder; approx. 5.76 million dots resolution Coverage
- Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally relative to the shooting image area (with image quality L, at approx. 23mm eyepoint).
Magnification / Angle of View
- Approx. 0.76x / Approx. 35.5 degrees (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m) Eye Point
- Approx. 23mm (at -1 m from the eyepiece lens end) Dioptric Adjustment Range
- Approx. -4.0 to + 2.0m Focus Method
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Shutter Type
- Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter Electronic first curtain or mechanical shutter Electronic shutter
- When [Mechanical] or [Elec. 1st- curtain] is set: 1/8000-30 sec, bulb When [Electronic] is set: 1/8000-0.5 sec.
- Mechanical Shutter: 1/200 sec. Elec. 1st-curtain: 1/250 sec.
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release Self Timer
- 10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay Monitor Type
- TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor Monitor Size
- 3.2-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
- 3.15 in./8.01cm diagonal (2.63 in./6.67cm width, 1.75 in./4.44cm height)
- Approx. 2.1 million dots
- Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally Brightness Control
- Manually adjustable to one of seven brightness levels Coating
- Clear View LCD II
- Anti-smudge coating applied.
- Anti-reflection coating not applied.
- 29 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Japanese)
- IEEE 802.11a/ac/b/g/n Transmission Method
- DS-SS modulation (IEEE 802.11b)
- OFDM modulation (IEEE 802.11g/n/a/ac) Transition Frequency (Central Frequency)
- 2.4 GHz band
- Frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz
- Channels: 1 to 11 channels
- 5 GHz band
- Frequency: 5180 to 5825 MHz
- Channels: 36 to 165 channels Recording Media
- CFexpress card:
- Type B: Card slot
- SD card speed class-compatible.
- Compatible with UHS-II
- Eye-Fi cards and Multimedia cards (MMC) are not supported.
Canon EOS R5 8K Specifications:
- 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps
- 8K internal video recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
- 4K internal video recording up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). 4K external recording is also available up to 59.94 fps.
- No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes.
- Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes.
- A Canon first, the EOS R5 will feature 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization, which works in conjunction with Optical IS equipped with many of the RF and EF lenses.
- Dual-card slots: 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II.