Canon EOS R Firmware Version 1.4.0 & EOS RP Firmware Version 1.3.0 Released
Canon has released the new firmware version 1.4.0 for Canon EOS R mirrorless camera and firmware version 1.3.0 for Canon EOS RP mirrorless camera. The new firmware updates are now available for download at Canon UK. We expect other global Canon sites to make the firmware available in the next several days.
Update – Download Links:
Canon EOS R Firmware 1.4.0 & EOS RP Firmware 1.3.0 incorporates the following enhancement:
- Enhances eye detection Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
- Improved Auto Focus (AF) performance helps the camera to focus on and track smaller subjects.
- Reduces lag time between the actual Auto Focus (AF) and the AF frame display for images in the viewfinder or on the LCD.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF frame size cannot be changed in the Servo AF setting.
- Fixes PTP communication vulnerability.