Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Real World Sports Photography Review
Peter Read Miller has tested the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR camera as a professional sports shooter at the NFL Playoffs; not a pixel peeper. Peter offers his thoughts on what he likes and is excited about the Canon 1D X Mark III, and he thinks the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is a game-changer.
Peter Read Miller has been photographing athletes, events and the sporting life for more than 40 years. He is has worked as a staff and contract photographer for Sports Illustrated for more than 35 years. His images have appeared on over 100 Sports Illustrated covers.
Below you can watch part 1 and part 2 of his Canon 1D X Mark III review.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III with CFexpress Card and Reader Bundle: $6,499 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- 20.1MP full-frame CMOS sensor with low pass filter
- DIGIC X image processor
- 10-bit 4:2:2 and 5.5K RAW video internal recording
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 16 fps
- Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS technology
- Continuous shooting with dual CFexpress card slots
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast and accurate auto focus
- ISO range of 100-102400; expandable to 50-819200
- 191-point AF system capable of tracking subjects
- Faster Speed and Improved User Interface
Read more: Best Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X Mark III and Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS-1D X Mark III.