Updated Canon RF Mount Camera Roadmap in 2021
Here is the new rumored Canon RF mount camera roadmap for 2021.
1. A new entry-level camera to replace the EOS RP (Canon EOS Rm)
The new Canon EOS Rm is a Canon full frame mirrorless camera price below the Canon EOS RP. Several compact and cheap RF lenses will coming along with this camera.
2. A second body above the EOS RP replacement
The second camera will fit between the EOS RP replacement and the EOS R6 bodies. It won’t be an “EOS R Mark II”.
3. There will be an APS-C RF mount camera body
4. A high-resolution EOS R5 type body (Canon EOS R5S or EOS R3S)
Canon would announce the development of Canon EOS R5S before the end of 2020, and we will see the final official announcement in February or March 2021.
Canon EOS R5S rumored specs:
- 90MP full-frame CMOS image sensor
- 5-Axis in-body Image Stabilization
- Has “double-width resolution sensor of EOS R6“
- Dual Pixel AF performance in low light better than EOS R5 and EOS R6.
- “high resolution monster being hybrid for quality and speed“
- have a newly developed heat sink
- Dual card slots: SD (compatible with UHS-II), CFexpress type B
- LP-E6NH battery
- Built-in 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Magnesium alloy body
- Dust-proof and splash-proof
5. A flagship RF mount camera
The Tokyo Olympics appear to be a go, and I expect we’ll see some kind of a flagship RF mount camera body announcement.
6. Cinema EOS cameras with the RF mount
There will be a Cinema EOS C50 and a Cinema EOS C90 likely coming in the first half of 2021.
Stay tuned with us for more Canon Rumors.
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R5
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R6
- Mirrorless Camera Black Friday Deals 2020
- Canon Black Friday Deals 2020
- Canon Cyber Monday Deals 2020