Canon recently surprised the photography community with the unexpected announcement of the RF 10-20mm f/4L IS STM lens. While anticipation for such a lens had been building, the timing of the announcement injected an element of excitement into the unveiling of new gear. This is likely not the final lens reveal for Canon in 2023, hinting at more to come.
Insiders suggest that Canon is preparing to introduce at least two new RF-S lenses and another RF L lens by the end of 2023. Considering potential announcements from other manufacturers in November, Canon is likely gearing up to join the wave of new product releases.
Although specific details about these upcoming lenses remain undisclosed, a strong possibility exists for an RF-S ultra-wide zoom lens. A glance at the updated lens roadmap from this week suggests this could materialize. The much-anticipated RF-S ultra-wide-angle zoom, possibly labeled RF-S 11-22mm F4-5.6 IS STM, seems to be on the horizon. Additionally, the long-rumored RF 35mm F1.2L lens may finally see its long-awaited release, raising intriguing questions about what lies ahead.
- Canon RF Lens Roadmap 2023
- Canon Camera Roadmap 2023
- Best Memory Cards for Canon R8
- Best Memory Cards for Canon R50
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R3
- Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R3
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R5
- Best Canon EOS R5 Accessories
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS R6
- Best Canon EOS R6 Accessories