Canon has applied for a patent for an RF 130mm f/2 full frame mirrorless lens.
The patent details:
- [Public number] P2022043436
- Japan Patent Application 2022-043436
- [Release date] 2022-03-16
- INDUSTRIAL APPLICABILITY The title of the invention is an optical system and an image pickup apparatus having the same.
- [Filing date] 2020-09-04
[Identification number] 000001007
[Name or name] Canon Inc.
- PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED: To provide an optical system which is compact and has various aberrations such as chromatic aberration satisfactorily corrected.
- Focal length: 130.77
- F value: 2.06
- Half angle of view: 9.39
- Image height: 21.64
- Overall length: 132.51
- Back focus: 25.26
It seems that the lens configuration is relatively simple and the optical system is compact and lightweight. So, this lens could be the RF replacement for the legendary Canon EF 135mm F2L…
More Canon patent applications are listed here.
- Best Canon RF Lenses
- Best Canon Lenses for Canon R3
- Best Canon Lenses for Canon R5 C
- Best Canon Lenses for Canon R5
- Best Canon Lenses for Canon R6