Canon officially announced the new Canon PowerShot Zoom compact telephoto monocular camera. The US price is $299 and it will be released on November 24, 2020. Now the Canon PowerShot Zoom is available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H, Adorama. Order now if you are interested.
(Shipping is scheduled to start on November 24, 2020)
- One-touch switchable telephoto magnification from 100mm to 400mm Optical, and to 800mm digital
- Auto Focus (Continuous in Viewing mode; Face Tracking available during video)
- Optical Image Stabilization for Shake Correction
- Compact and Lightweight
- 0.39 inch 2.3M dot, 59.94fps EVF
- 12 Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Full HD 1080 30p Video and up to 12 Megapixels Still Image Recording
- LiveView and Photo Downloads available with Canon Camera Connect App
Canon debuts the company’s first-ever, Compact Telephoto Monocular, the PowerShot ZOOM
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 14, 2020 –– Hiking, birdwatching and nature gazing, consumers are embracing the beauty of the outdoors this season and beyond. With this in mind, it is important to have a convenient and intuitive imaging tool to explore the world. Developed to showcase an impressive telephoto reach in a user friendly, compact design, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today launches the PowerShot ZOOM, the company’s first telephoto monocular.
The lightweight telephoto monocular sports 100mm, 400mm and 800mm telephoto viewing capability1 with a one-touch switch, and is equipped with impressive instant zoom capability to help users view distant subjects. Additionally, the monocular can capture images and videos to a micro SD card, and by pairing it with a compatible smart device2 and the Canon Camera Connect app3, these files can easily be downloaded. This pairing feature transforms the PowerShot ZOOM monocular into a friendly companion to compatible smartphones for viewing and capturing super-telephoto scenes.
“In today’s ever-changing world, consumers are looking for intuitive and portable imaging tools to view telephoto scenes up close and with ease,” said Tatsuro “Tony” Kano, executive vice president and general manager of the Imaging Technologies & Communications Group of Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Built for those users who enjoy outdoor activities, the PowerShot ZOOM monocular delivers a small, compact viewer with a long focal length. We are eager to see how consumers use this tool and the convenience it will add to their daily lives.”
In addition to its zoom capability, compact size and ability to pair with compatible smartphones, the PowerShot ZOOM telephoto monocular also features:
- Auto focus when viewing through the electronic viewfinder (EVF) and recording images and video with face tracking
- Optical Image Stabilization for shake correction
- 39 inches, 2.36 million dots EVF
- 12-megapixel still-image capture
- Full HD video capture up to 30p (29.97)
- Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® connection with the Canon Camera Connect app and use of compatible mobile devices2
- Live view and download of photos and videos with the use of the Canon Camera Connect app3
- USB C terminal for charging and supplying power
- Micro SD memory card slot
Price & Availability
Available in white, the Canon PowerShot ZOOM compact telephoto monocular is scheduled to be available in late November 2020 for an estimated retail price of $299.99*. For more information, please visit usa.canon.com.