On February 12, Canon announced the development of the Canon EOS R5 (B&H & Adorama) mirrorless camera, and it will be announced ahead of Photokina 2020 in May. The latest rumor suggests that Canon will announce a new high-megapixel full frame mirrorless camera in late 2020. The new high-megapixel full frame mirrorless camera could be EOS R5S or EOS R3.
Canon EOS R5S/R3 rumored specs:
- 75mp full-frame CMOS sensor
- Sensor “focused on the dynamic range”
- Frames per second “… Sounded similar to the EOS R”
- DIGIC 9
- Dual Card Slots
- Joystick the same as the EOS-1D X Mark III
- Larger and higher resolution EVF than the EOS R
- Fully articulating LCD screen
- Fully weather-sealed
- Similar ergonomics as the EOS R (No touch bar)
Stay tuned for more info.