Canon EOS R5 to be Priced around $6,000?
The highly-anticipated Canon EOS R5 full-frame mirrorless camera is now listed at the Australian store Camera Warehouse with a tentative price tag of A$ 10,499 which is around US$ 6,750. This is just a tentative price, not the actual price of the Canon EOS R5. But given all the high-end Canon EOS R5 specifications and the current state of the photo industry, I will not be very surprised that the Canon EOS R5 will be priced around $6,000.
Newly Announced Details of The Canon EOS R5 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera include:
- 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps
- 8K internal video recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
- 4K internal video recording up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). 4K external recording is also available up to 59.94 fps.
- No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes.
- Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes.
- A Canon first, the EOS R5 will feature 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization, which works in conjunction with Optical IS equipped with many of the RF and EF lenses.
- Dual-card slots: 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II.
Read more: Best Lenses for Canon EOS R.