The latest rumor suggests that Canon will announce two new cinema cameras in the first half of 2021: one is the long-awaited Canon Cinema EOS C50 box camera; the other is a new Canon EOS C200 Mark II cinema camera, which is expected to be announced in April 2021.
Canon Cinema EOS C50 Rumored Specifications:
- Super 35mm 4K sensor (same as the Cinema EOS C200)
- No IBIS
- RF Mount
- Internal ND (10 Stops)
- CLog 2 & CLog 3
- 4:2:0 8bit internally onto SD cards up to 4K60 & 1080/120
- 4:2:2: 10bit external in HD
- No RAW
- Dual LP-E6NH battery slot
Canon Cinema EOS C200 Mark II Specs:
- Same sensor as the Cinema EOS C300 Mark III
- RAW Recording
- 4:2:2 10-bit
- 4K 60P
- 2K 120P
- More a unibody design than the modular design of the C300 Mark III
In addition, Canon is expected to announce the new 8K Cinema EOS camera in the second half of 2021, probably for NAB Show, which will take place in October 2021.
Stay tuned with us for more Canon Rumors.