Canon EOS 7D Mark II to be Replaced by an APS-C EOS R Mirrorless Body?
- Canon EOS 7D Mark III: The new flagship APS-C DSLR camera from Canon.
- Canon EOS 90D: Sitting below the EOS 7D Mark III.
- A new camera sitting between the EOS 7D Mark III and EOS 90D.
Now the latest rumor shows the third possibility: the Canon EOS 7D Mark II will be replaced by an APS-C EOS R Mirrorless camera body. We know Canon is now shifting the focus from DSLR to EOS R Mirrorless system step by step. So we may see more EOS R bodies and RF lenses in near future.
In addition, Canon will soon announce a new APS-C DSLR camera with 32.5MP CMOS sensor (Canon EOS 90D?).
- 32.5mp APS-C DPAF Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 8
- Dual SD card slots
- 10fps still shooting
- ISO range of 100-51,200
- 45 AF points
- 4K video at 24/25, 30 and 60fps (No word on DPAF in 4K recording)
- 3.2″ rear articulating LCD
- Dust and moisture sealing
- Built-in wifi and Bluetooth
- $1399 USD price at launch
- Coming late August 2019
Until we get the official word, it’s best to take this with a grain of salt for now.
Stay tuned with us for more info.