Canon EOS R Firmware Version 1.4.0 will be Released on September 26
The new firmware version 1.4.0 for Canon EOS R mirrorless camera will be released on September 26, 2019. This firmware version 1.4.0 is a major firmware update with a lot of autofocus updates and bug fixes.
Firmware Version 1.4.0 incorporates the following enhancement:
- Enhances eye detection Auto Focus (AF) for improved face and eye recognition at greater distances.
- Improved Auto Focus (AF) performance helps the camera to focus on and track smaller subjects.
- Reduces lag time between the actual Auto Focus (AF) and the AF frame display for images in the viewfinder or on the LCD.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF frame size cannot be changed in the Servo AF setting.
- Fixes PTP communication vulnerability.
Read more: Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R